Yes, I'm a pastor's wife, but I suspect not all of my readers are Christian. I won't hold back on my beliefs, but I also won't shove religion at you. I try not to accept things just because they're told to me but read and research in order to make up my own mind. You'll find a random mix of stuff here, depending on what interests me at the moment. I like to read others' opinions, whether they agree with me or not, which means I love comments on my posts!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Menu Plan 11/11/13

I mess up when I don't have a menu plan. I know that about myself, and then get angry with myself when I mess up because I don't have a plan. And then I feel physically rough because I don't give my body what it needs. So here's the plan, free of grains and soy.

Breakfast
Eggs with veggies
Green smoothies
Leftovers

Lunch
Salads with homemade Italian dressing (minus the sugar and less salt)
Bean soup (It's more like bean chili with the flavor of soup. Not much liquid, just the way I like it)
Leftovers

Dinner
Vegetable soup (with homemade beef broth)
Sweet Potato Hash with bell peppers instead of kale
Italian chicken (marinated in Italian dressing, but without the sugar and less salt) with sweet potatoes and green beans

When the sweet craving strikes
Homemade Almond Joys
Homemade gelatin (just fruit juice and gelatin)

When I'm hungry, I want food as soon as I can. I don't want to have to cut, dice, prep, and cook, so I'm doing a few things tonight. Bean soup is actually leftover. Vegetable soup is in the crock-pot now. I just cooked bacon with extra for salads, mixed up the dressing, and I cooked the sweet potato hash tonight. Italian chicken is in the freezer, leftover from a few weeks ago.

The eggs are what I was most proud of tonight. Mornings are the time I most often reach for convenience foods, so tonight I diced barely cooked vegetables (tomatoes, kale, and bell peppers) and mixed them with  raw eggs and seasonings. Now, all I have to do over the next few mornings is scoop out a big spoonful and drop it on a pan. Done.

What's on your menu this week?
This post is linked to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday and Musings of a Housewife.

3 comments:

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Looks like lots of good eating at your house this week.
I love having soup this time of year.

Mrs. Duh said...

Great menu! I'm stealing a few of these recipes for myself! :)

Jo-Lynne {Musings of a Housewife} said...

These look great! I keep meaning to try a sweet potato hash. Thanks for linking up!