Vegetables are the hardest healthy thing for me to include on a regular basis. I like veggies. Really, I do. But if I have an option of fruit, something bready, or especially something sweet, veggies take a backseat.
I need more vegetables during breakfast. That's the conclusion I have come to, so I've been searching the internet today for recipes that sound delicious. And I didn't just find 1 that I'd like to try -- I found 30!
No big surprise, my first stop was the bread category. I'm still off of grains, but I figure I can find some recipes for the future.
Muffins and PancakesPower Packed Fruit and Veggie Muffin from Super Healthy Kids
2. Gluten-Free Maple Almond Zucchini Muffins from Gluten Free Goddess -- These are amazing! It's one of the few recipes listed here that I have already tried.
3. Pumpkin Bread from The Fresh Loaf
4. Mashed Potato Pancakes from Natasha's Kitchen
5. Carrot Cake Pancakes from Smitten Kitchen
6. Pumpkin Pancakes from Heavenly Homemaker
7. Winter Squash Waffles from Reader's Digest
Sandwiches and Wraps
8. Pancake Panini from Super Healthy Kids9. Breakfast BLT from Natasha's Kitchen
10. Breakfast Burritos from The Pioneer Woman -- with potatoes and bell peppers
11. Easy Breakfast Burritos from Heavenly Homemaker -- with salsa
12. Breakfast Quesadillas from The Pioneer Woman -- with peppers and onion
Egg-basedHash Brown-Crusted Mediterranean Quiche from Incredible Egg
14. Mini Crustless Quiche from Heavenly Homemaker -- Use the optional veggie add-ins
15. Sausage-Kale Breakfast Strata from The Pioneer Woman
16. Spinach Frittata from Simply Recipes
17. Baked Eggs with Spinach & Mushroom from Power Hungry -- If I ever decide to try runny yolks...
18. Veggie Scramble from Heavenly Homemaker
19. Tomato and Green Pepper Omelet from Taste of Home
20. Green Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade from Mind Body Green
21. Carrot Mango Smoothie from Power Hungry
22. Raspberry Cauliflower Smoothie from Here's the Dish
23. Kale Orange Banana Smoothie from AllRecipes
24. Key Lime Pie Smoothie from Cook at Paleo -- with avocado
25. Cherry Zucchini Smoothie from Pure Fitlosophy
26. Zucchini Fritters from Natasha's Kitchen27. Johnsonville Sausage Potato Hash from AllRecipes -- with Russet potatoes
28. Sausage, Sweet Potato, and Bell Pepper Hash from McCormick Gourmet
29. Breakfast Crock-Pot Casserole from Heavenly Homemaker
And lastly, I added one of my own.
30. Fruit Salad with Pineapple Honey Glaze from Notes From a Pastor's Wife
What's your favorite way to add veggies in the morning?