Yes, I'm a pastor's wife, but I suspect not all of my readers are Christian. I won't hold back on my beliefs, but I also won't shove religion at you. I try not to accept things just because they're told to me but read and research in order to make up my own mind. You'll find a random mix of stuff here, depending on what interests me at the moment. I like to read others' opinions, whether they agree with me or not, which means I love comments on my posts!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Joyful Living - Dance Like No One's Watching

I heard a man say earlier this year that the Bible forbids dancing. He wasn't just saying the bumping and grinding where it looks like a baby might be made on the dance floor. He was talking about ALL dancing. He went on to say that there are no godly people who danced in the Bible. Well, he must have read a different Bible than the one I have.

In Exodus 15:20-21, Miriam led the other women as they danced and played tambourines after crossing the Red Sea.

In 2 Samuel 6, David danced before the Ark of the Lord as an act of worship to God.

In Jeremiah 31:13, Jeremiah foretells of a time when people will celebrate and dance with joy because of the Lord.

And my personal favorite is Ecclesiastes 3:1,4: For everything there is a season...A time to grieve and a time to dance.

I'm tired of grieving over how much I can no longer do because of my poor health (I'm recovering from toxic mold exposure) and am ready to rejoice over how much I CAN do. This is my time to dance! Sometime today I will dance like no one is watching. Will you, too? I dare you to. Dance with your child or alone in your bathroom. Blare some music or dance to the music in your head. Move for a few seconds or keep on dancing all day while you do the household chores. Twirl, jump, flail your arms, or just clap and stomp your foot. Enjoy it! Then come tell me about it. If you need some musical inspiration, I love Mercy Me's Move (video below)


2 comments:

Irritable Mother said...

Oh, I wish you could see my daughter dancing to MOVE! It's precious!

joyceandnorm said...

That is too funny...seriously, what Bible was he reading? =p

Tell me about toxic mold exposure...We just found some mold in our house (we had some previously too, but to a lesser degree) and I feel like it's a link to my daughter's breathing issues. How did you find out, and is it treatable? Thanks!

Have a great week!