Yes, I'm a pastor's wife, but I suspect not all of my readers are Christian. I won't hold back on my beliefs, but I also won't shove religion at you. I try not to accept things just because they're told to me but read and research in order to make up my own mind. You'll find a random mix of stuff here, depending on what interests me at the moment. I like to read others' opinions, whether they agree with me or not, which means I love comments on my posts!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Joyful Living with a Smile

Remember when the yellow smiley face logo was absolutely everywhere? I had a t-shirt with this face that read "Smile. It confuses people." As a rebellious preteen who secretly wanted to fit in, I thought it was so cool.

Seriously though, would you rather see someone smile or frown? When I'm walking down the street or through a store or wherever, my feelings are immediately uplifted for a moment if someone walks past me and smiles. It's a millisecond of shared joy.

Today I will simply smile at someone. Won't you join me? It could be someone you pass by at work, in a store, or anywhere else. If you don't leave the house today, simply offer a smile when your spouse, child, etc. walks in the door. I want to learn and show to myself that even when I don't feel like being happy, I can show and share a bit of joy. Amazingly, that bit of joy starts to lift my own 'blah' mood.


No comments: